The N11/M11 Scheme is being implemented in accordance with Transport Infrastructure Ireland’s Project Management Guidelines (PMGs). These guidelines provide a framework for the management, development and delivery of national road and public transport capital projects. The PMGs divide the evolution and progression of a project into an eight-phase process (Phase 0 – 7 inclusive) as listed below:
- Phase 0 – Scope & Pre-Appraisal
- Phase 1 – Concept & Feasibility
- Phase 2 – Option Selection
- Phase 3 – Design & Environmental Evaluation
- Phase 4 – Statutory Processes
- Phase 5 – Enabling & Procurement
- Phase 6 – Construction & Implementation
- Phase 7 – Close Out & Review
Phase 0 (Scope & Pre-Appraisal) was completed by Wicklow County Council and Kildare National Roads Office in 2018. Arup has now been appointed to progress the delivery of the project through Phases 1 to 4 of the PMGs. Details of the key processes and deliverables within each phase are described under each individual tab above.
During the planning and design process, public consultations are to engage the public in the scheme delivery procedure. This serves to inform the public of the processes and timelines and allows capture of local knowledge to input into the design and option assessments.